Brooke A Myers
Founder and President
Brooke Myers is a visionary development partner focusing on strategic real estate opportunities in Downtown Orlando. Recognizing the potential for robust growth in the region, Brooke founded VelocityRED in 2010 to identify and implement mixed-use projects and transit-oriented developments in urban environments. Brooke leverages collaborative partnerships to deliver extraordinary results.
With three decades of experience leading multi-disciplinary teams, she developed an expertise in complex real estate transactions managing feasibility analysis, business and master planning, design, development, financing, structuring, marketing and delivery. She uses a holistic perspective grounded in sound industry practices. Brooke has been involved with over $400 million in development projects and more than $1 billion in real estate investment.
Brooke is an owner, investor, advisor and development partner on several high-profile projects in Downtown Orlando and has delivered multiple successful projects in collaboration with the Ustler Group of Companies. Current projects include:
- Creative Village master development – $2 billion, 68-acre redevelopment of the former Amway Arena, anchored by the UCF/Valencia Downtown Campus
- Electronic Arts Orlando Studio – $62 million, 176,000 square foot professional office building at Creative Village leased to Electronic Arts; opening in October 2021
- Alta at Health Village Apartments – $75 million, 285-unit market rate apartment project at AdventHealth Health Village; opening in late 2021
Brooke’s passion for the urban fabric started with the Atlanta Olympic Committee planning the 1996 Olympic Games, followed by a decade with the Walt Disney Company where she managed various large-scale growth projects in the theme park and hospitality industry. Her notable accomplishments include:
- Co-creating the vision to monetize 2,000 acres of surplus Walt Disney World land by expanding the portfolio of third-party lodging and vacation ownership
- Spearheading negotiations on the land sale and co-branding relationship with Four Seasons Resort and securing entitlements for Disney’s 900-acre resort residential community, Golden Oak
- Leading Disney Cruise Line’s market research to justify a $1+ billion fleet expansion
Brooke is a graduate of Georgia Institute of Technology with a degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering. She received her Masters of Management degree from Northwestern University’s Kellogg Graduate School of Management. She is actively involved with several community organizations including Lake Highland Preparatory School Board of Trustees, Orlando City Foundation and the ULI Central Florida Advisory Board. Previously she served as Vice Chair of Project DTO, the Mayor’s task force charged with updating Downtown Orlando’s strategic plan.
Download a printable copy of Brooke’s bio.