Brooke A Myers
Founder and President
Brooke Myers is a visionary development partner focusing on strategic real estate opportunities in Central Florida. Recognizing the potential for robust growth in the region, Brooke founded VelocityRED in 2010 to identify and implement mixed-use projects and transit-oriented developments in urban environments. Brooke leverages collaborative partnerships to deliver extraordinary results.
With over two decades of experience leading multi-disciplinary teams, she developed an expertise in complex real estate transactions managing feasibility analysis, business and master planning, design, development, financing, structuring, marketing and delivery.
VelocityRED is an owner, investor, advisor and development partner on several high-profile projects in Downtown Orlando, including:
- Creative Village master development – $1.5 billion, 68-acre redevelopment of the former Amway Arena, anchored by the UCF/Valencia Downtown Campus
- UnionWest at Creative Village – $105 million mixed-use project with approximately 600 student housing beds, 105,000 square feet of education space and 12,000 square feet of ground floor commercial, opening in conjunction with the UCF/Valencia Downtown Campus in August 2019
- Creative Village Parcel M Apartments – a $108 million, 409-unit market rate apartment project opening in Summer 2020
Brooke’s passion for the urban fabric started with the Atlanta Olympic Committee planning the 1996 Olympic Games, followed by a decade with the Walt Disney Company where she managed various large-scale growth projects in the theme park and hospitality industry. Her notable accomplishments include:
- Co-creating the vision to monetize 2,000 acres of surplus Walt Disney World land by expanding the portfolio of third-party lodging and vacation ownership
- Spearheading negotiations on a $50 million land sale and co-branding relationship with Four Seasons Resort and securing entitlements for Disney’s 900-acre resort residential community, Golden Oak
- Leading Disney Cruise Line’s market research to justify a $1+ billion fleet expansion
Brooke is a graduate of Georgia Institute of Technology with a degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering. She received her Masters of Management degree from Northwestern University’s Kellogg Graduate School of Management. She is actively involved with several community organizations, such as Orlando City Foundation, StarterStudio, Urban Land Institute and Lake Highland Parent Association. Recently, she served as Vice Chair of Project DTO, the Mayor’s task force charged with updating Downtown Orlando’s strategic plan.
Download a printable copy of Brooke’s bio.